Sunday, April 25, 2010

Boobquake...and a Shameless Solicitation!

Sunday, April 25, 2010
Thanks to Kip, I am now aware of the event known as "Boobquake 2010".  The brainchild of Purdue student Jen McCreight.  I could not resist exploring this gal's blog.  I found her viewpoints both refreshing and challenging.  Her political views contrast mine in several ways.  This makes her logical approach to issues even more valuable.   Best of luck Jen...make sure you are on the ground floor tomorrow!

You can check out the whole scoop here: The Boobquake Facebook Page!

And sort of on the subject...Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is coming up on Myay 8th. Perhaps Christine and I should get the "I Survived Boobquake 2010" T-shirts?  We got our race packets yesterday!  Watch for our bib numbers in the mass of about 25,000......Christine's is 2546 and mine is 2655. 

The Susan G. Komen Foundation is the global leader in the fight against breast cancer.  87% of their funds go directly to their cause.  Their admin. costs are a paltry 7% (the other 6% is the cost of fundraising).   I am proud as hell to have sent them my entry fee for what will be my first ever 5K run!  I am even prouder to be running right next to the love of my life. 

I also invite you to sponsor me!  How's that for a shameless transition.  Anyway, if you want, here's the link:
Matthew's Sponsorship Page

Gott run...literally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. All civil discourse is welcome (especially dissenting views). I will not moderate. However, if you want to say it, have the guts to put your name to it.

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates